Notes on the Readings in |
Teaching and Learning at a Distance
Edited by Thomas E Cyrs
Chap 1: "Issues and Trends to Take Us into Twenty-First Century" by George P Connick
- Where is distance ed headed, and how will we get there?
- Triumph of the Nerds
- changes: industrial to information; 52% of college students ages 18-21. Most colleges built in another
era for another era. Now anywhere anytime..
- Students have more choices with on-line courses.
- Educational institutions, like publishers, became to smug in their power. Then the web changed that.
- Western Governors University that was
created in such a short time, illustrates power of web-based education.
- The digital age
- Don Tapscott's Growing Up
Web will allow:
Back to TOC