in no particular order.
- QR Codes Link provided by students of Green Mountain CS. Enjoy the pizza.
- Virtual Before webucation can begin, we need to have web presence as a netizen.
- Blackboard offers a complete suite of enterprise software products and services that power a total “e-Education Infrastructure” for schools, colleges, universities, and other education providers. Blackboard solutions deliver the promise of the Internet for online teaching and learning, campus communities, auxiliary services, and integration of Web-enabled student services and back office systems.
- Geocities Sign up for a free web site and join the largest home page community on the Web. As your web site grows, you can easily upgrade to any of our premium packages.
- Quia helps educators teach better by giving them the tools to create, customize, and share learning activities. Quia helps students learn more by bringing the resources of hundreds of thousands of educators together in one place. And, Quia helps publishers, businesses, and government agencies present their content in an interactive, easy-to-use format with no knowledge of programming languages and very little required technical skill.
- Knowledge Loom A loom metaphor suggests a work in progress, a workspace where threads of thought and experience can be drawn from many sources to craft a cohesive and useful body of wisdom. An education-focused Knowledge Loom* suggests education-minded users accessing a workspace where they can weave distributed threads of information together in such a way as to create a fabric that wears well on their own conditions, needs, and visions for excellence in teaching and learning.
- Software tutorials ActDEN is addressing this issue by providing quality content and new methods of interaction through actDEN (Digital Education Network). With actDEN, teachers and parents can access timely content for classroom or home use, and introduce students directly to the Internet education experience.
actDEN currrently offers seven software tutorials, produced in conjunction with Microsoft K-12 Education, and seven exciting DEN courses. Each tutorial and online course offers up-to-date information and interactive features that encourage students to learn, think, and participate in the online community.
- www4teachers Excellent collection of online resources for teaching integrating technology int o the classroom.
- Filamentality is a fill-in-the-blank interactive Web site that guides you through picking a topic, searching the Web, gathering good Internet sites, and turning Web resources into learning activities. It helps combine the "filaments" of the Web with a learner's "mentality". Support is built-in through Mentality Tips that guide you along the way to creating a Web-based activity you can share with others even if you don't know anything about HTML, Web servers, or all that www-dot stuff.
- Surweb allows people to create multimedia presentations in minutes using images, sounds & movies provided by SURWEB or other digital sources.
- InTime (Integrating New Technologies Into the Methods of Education) is a $2,397,594 Catalyst Grant to the University of Northern Iowa's College of Education from the U.S. Department of Education. The three-year INTIME project addresses deficiencies in teacher education programs in preparing preservice teachers to use technology effectively in the PreK-12 classroom. The purpose of INTIME is to provide the necessary resources for methods faculty to revise their courses, model technology integration, and require preservice teachers to integrate technology, along with components of quality education, in their lessons and units. A consortium of five participating Renaissance Group universities has come together in this project to create new learning resources and implement new standards for technology integration in preservice teacher preparation.
- Nicenet Nicenet is pleased to announce the public availability of the new Internet Classroom Assistant (ICA2), a sophisticated communication tool that brings powerful World-Wide-Web based conferencing, personal messaging, document sharing, scheduling and link/resource sharing to a variety of learning environments. The ICA2 incorporates many new features and responds to requests we have received from our users. Nicenet provides the ICA free of charge with no advertising.
- Tapped in is the online workplace of an international community of education professionals. K-12 teachers and librarians, professional development staff, teacher education faculty and students, and researchers engage in professional development programs and informal collaborative activities with colleagues.
- Learn web ALPS, Active Learning Practice for Schools, is an electronic community dedicated to the improvement and advancement of educational instruction and practice. Our mission is to create an on-line collaborative environment between teachers and administrators from around the world with educational researchers, professors, and curriculum designers at Harvard's Graduate School of Education and Project Zero.
- IMMEX For the past 10 years the IMMEX Project at UCLA has been developing frameworks for the classroom integration of problem-solving technologies which provide guidelines for teacher-directed authoring of problem-solving software, for effective curriculum/software integration, for the implementation of technology for learning and assessment, for data analysis and reporting, and lastly, for development of models of student learning.
- Inquiry The Inquiry Page is more than a website. It's a dynamic virtual community where inquiry-based education can be discussed, resources and experiences shared, and innovative approaches explored in a collaborative environment.
- Download.com software
- Tucows software